Personal Information Collection Statement
CLP is committed to protecting your privacy. Set out below is information that explains our practices about the way your personal data (the "Personal Data") is collected and used.
Personal Data We Hold
Personal Data held by CLP includes information such as your name, correspondence address and email address which were collected from you directly.
Before using your Personal Data for the purposes set out below, where CLP is required by law to obtain your consent, and in such cases, only after having obtained such consent, may CLP use your Personal Data.
Purpose of Collection
CLP may use the Personal Data held by us for the provision of carbon offsetting services to you and any directly related purposes. CLP may also use such Personal Data:
- to open, maintain and terminate accounts
- to supply you with services, facilities and goods you requested
- to respond to and follow up on your enquiries
- to process billing, payments and sales orders
- to conduct customer surveys
- to conduct research and perform statistical analysis
- to enable you to better understand your energy usage
- to gain an understanding of your energy needs
- to provide energy services, hints and tips on energy conservation
- to notify you of changes to our services that may affect you
- to develop new products and services
- to conduct direct marketing activities (including making appeals for non-profit organisations that may or may not be related to CLP)
CLP has a legitimate interest in properly administering the services it provides. In addition, CLP's use of your Personal Data may be necessary for the performance of said services.
Please note that you are required to provide your Personal Data other than those items indicated as optional. In the absence of your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with services, facilities or goods you require.
Transfer of Personal Data
CLP may, to the extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations, for any of the purposes stated above, disclose any of your Personal Data to the following third parties:
- related CLP companies, including subsidiaries and affiliated companies within the CLP Group in Hong Kong;
- service providers (including service providers outside Hong Kong) engaged by CLP for any of the purposes stated above; and
- entities (including entities outside Hong Kong) for conducting research and preparing statistics relating to any of the purposes stated above.
CLP will disclose data when required to do so by law and may also disclose such data in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government and regulatory authorities.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have a right to request access to, the correction and erasure of, your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), the EU's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and any other data protection/privacy laws, as applicable.
Where the GDPR applies, you also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data where CLP is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
Requests for access, correction, and/or erasure of Personal Data, as well as withdrawal of consent, where applicable, should be made by email and addressed to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or by letter and sent to the following address:
CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
Data Protection Officer
13/F, 6 On Lai Street
CLP Group companies within Hong Kong, including CLP Holdings Limited and CLP Power Hong Kong Limited, may use your name, correspondence address and email address for marketing our energy services, electrical products, CLP Group organised events and making appeals for non-profit organisations that may or may not be related to CLP.
Before using and providing your Personal Data for this purpose, where CLP is required by law to obtain your consent, and in such cases, only after having obtained such consent, may CLP use and provide your Data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish us to exclude your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, please send us an email, along with your name and CLP account number (if applicable) to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or call us on (852) 2678 2678.
Unless specified otherwise, references to "CLP" shall mean CLP Power Hong Kong Limited and the "CLP Group" shall mean CLP Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Revised: May 2018
CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
A member of the CLP Group